Business Development DirectorFull-time; Remote, USA
3S Lift is a publicly listed supplier of tower internals (lifts, platforms, ladders and more) for wind turbines. With a global presence of around 1000 employees and subsidiaries in China, USA, Europe and India, 3S Lift is well-positioned to support renewable energies for the benefit of the climate.
At 3S Lift, you can really make a difference. Your work will support renewable energies and will thereby positively impact the climate.
3S Lift products and services have been applied in more than 2,000 wind farms in 55 countries, ranking among the top one in the world in the wind industry segment. The company cumulatively holds 700 patents and product certifications around the world. In the past 10 years, 3S Lift has had an annual growth rate of 30% to 50%.
As part of our fast-growing subsidiary 3S Americas, you will have the opportunity to join us in revolutionizing the industry with our unique suite of products, including the market leading Climb Auto System. Our mission is to improve workplace safety and job satisfaction in the physically demanding wind industry by providing our customers with market leading products and premier customer service. 3S Americas has sales offices in Portsmouth, NH, Denver, CO, and Atlanta, GA, as well as an office and 10,000 sq. foot distribution and training center in Plano, TX. Currently, 3S Americas has 40 full time employees and will grow to 50-70 employees in the next two years, covering both North America, with the functions of sales and marketing, engineering, finance, warehouse and assembly, and after-sale services. We are continuously looking for hardworking and talented people to grow with us.
Your tasks will be diverse and include:
- Lead the sales lifecycle process, taking ultimate responsibility for achieving the sales targets (orders booked, revenue fulfilled, and profit).
- Directly manage all business development efforts with customers such as OEMs, IPPs, ISPs, tower manufacturers and utility companies. Be involved in both driving new business and managing accounts, develop and design technical solutions with both existing and new customers.
- Make technical presentations and demonstrate how a product meets client needs. Liaise with other members of the sales team and other technical experts.
- Follow the whole process of product qualification by our customers, including technical product qualification, prototype evaluation, batch order qualification, and order implementation.
- Work with 3S global teams together including delivery team, financial team and marketing team, to make sure internal procesures running smoothly.
The perfect match for our company should ideally bring:
- 5+ years of relevant experience, ideally in the wind industry
- 2+ years sales management experience
- Pragmatic with a can-do attitude
- Structured and diligent work approach
- Openness to give and receive feedback
- Bachelor in Engineering, Business or equivalent
- Solid technical background, analytical thinking & communication skills are required
- Understanding of the wind industry operations or construction projects
- This job offers a high degree of working autonomously in a great industry where your opinion will be valued and you will have the freedom to implement your own ideas.
- Furthermore, you can expect a competitive compensation and attractive incentive package, including health insurance and 401k with company match.
- Up to 50% travel is expected.
- Work location: remote.
- US work-permit is required.